Waiver and Photo Release
In agreeing to this release for myself, I understand that participation in Paper Trail Bike Cafe (PTBC) activities, including the Gravel Espresso and Gravel Travel, is at my own risk. I acknowledge that I am aware of the risks and dangers inherent with such activities and knowingly and willfully assume the risk of injury resulting there from and approach and encounter this risk freely and of my own accord. I understand that supervision, training or oversight may not be provided by PTBC with respect to all sponsored events and activities. Participation in PTBC activities constitutes my representation that (1) I am in good health, (2) I agree to obey all traffic laws and regulations and practice safety and courtesy in cycling, (3) I agree to wear an approved safety helmet on all PTBC sponsored rides, (4) my bicycle is in good and safe mechanical condition, and (5) I acknowledge that PTBC and its staff, members and ride leaders are not insurers of my personal safety or property and do not assume any liability for personal injury or property loss sustained during any PTBC sponsored events or activities. By signing below and in consideration for being allowed to participate in any PTBC sponsored event or activity, I fully release PTBC and its staff, members and ride leaders from any liability specifically including but not limited to liability for their negligent acts, stemming from or relating to past or future PTBC sponsored events or activities. I have read this notice and understand that I am releasing certain legal rights that I may have. I understand that I assume all risks in participating in PTBC sponsored events or activities and voluntarily sign this release evidencing my acceptance of these provisions and conditions.
Photo Release: I hereby give permission to the PTBC and its designees and assignees, to take and use testimonial comments, photographs and/or video relating directly and indirectly to me, my family, or subjects under my control, and to copyright, exhibit, reproduce, publish, or distribute them at any time to promote the PTBC. I also release and discharge each of the above parties from any claims or demands in any way relating to the use of these photographs/videos.
Signature of Customer:
RENTAL AGREEMENT TERMS
- Paper Trail Bike Cafe (PTBC), agrees to rent the above described equipment to [[First Name]] [[Last Name]], referred to as the “I” or “undersigned” in this agreement.
- All rent due hereunder for the rental of the equipment by me shall be paid in advance at the time this agreement is signed.
- I have inspected the equipment to be rented by me as described on the top of the agreement and I accept full responsibility for the care of the equipment while it is in my possession. Any damage to the equipment other than caused by reasonable wear and tear, shall be my responsibility and shall be repaired or replaced by PTBC at my sole cost and expense.
- I will be responsible for the replacement at full retail value of any equipment rented under this agreement.
- I agree to return to PTBC all equipment rented under this agreement by the agreed date in a clean condition to avoid any additional charges for which I will be responsible.
- I understand a temporary $1000 Security Deposit hold will be applied to the card on file in the case of damages. All Security Deposits will be cleared within seven days after the return of the demo bike if there are no damages. In the case of theft, the full value of the demo bike will be charged to the card on file. Demo bikes are expected to be returned in, or as close as possible to, the condition in which it is rented out. Demo bikes returned dirty will incur a $25 cleaning fee to be withheld from the Security Deposit.
- I agree a printed /signed credit card pre authorization and waiver will be required in order to cover any damage done to the bike while in your possession. While in your possession the entire value of the bike is your responsibility. Your rental rate does not cover the bike against theft, loss, crashes, or any other damage that the bike sustains while in your possession. In the occasion that some or all of the bicycle is damaged while in your possession you will be charged and responsible for the cost of replacing or returning damaged components to the condition that they were in at the time that you took possession of the bike. Wear and tear items such as drivetrain, brakes, and even tire tread wear are PTBC responsibility, not the responsibility of the renter. Damage to tires such as slashes and tears will be considered to be the responsibility of the renter.
- I agree to hold harmless and indemnify PTBC and its owners, agents, and employees for any loss or damage, including any that results from, claims, demands, actions, and/or property damage related to the use of the equipment rented under this agreement.
- I understand that there are inherent and other risks involved in the sport for which this equipment is to be used, that injuries are a common and ordinary occurrence of the sport, and I freely assume those risks including the risk of injury to myself and to third persons and of damage to my property and property of others.
- I agree that only the person to whom the equipment is rented and fitted shall use the equipment
- I hereby release, remise and discharge PTBC and its owners, agents, and employees from any and all liability for damage and injury to myself and/or to any other person and/or property resulting from negligence, installation, maintenance, selection, adjustment, and/or use of the equipment rented hereunder, or any other fault, accepting myself that full responsibility for any and all such damage and/or injury which may result there from.
- The parties agree and understand that if any clause or phrase of this agreement is unenforceable or invalidated by law the rest of this agreement is to remain in full force and effect.
- All instructions on the use of my rental equipment have been made clear to me, and I understand the use and function of my equipment. I, the undersigned, intending to be legally bound and in consideration of the equipment provided for my use, have read and understand the rental and release agreement above and agree to be bound by all of the above terms and conditions including the limitation of liability of PTBC
Signature of Customer: